Copyright © 2016 - Asean Scholars On International Education Network
The global landscape of partnerships in international higher education is continually evolving. Such partnerships should facilitate more than merely student transfers or faculty exchanges. Research, mutual development of learning technologies, internationalization of higher education, and development of international university standards are areas that must be given serious attention.
In line with the official establishment of the ASEAN Community in 2015, ASCIEN was established to activate and reinforce the internationalization of higher education in the ASEAN region. ASCIEN seeks to support the building of a high quality international higher education sector, and to work in tandem with ASEAN higher education institutions. Student mobility, credit transfer, quality assurance and research clustering have been identified as the four main priorities in internationalizing the ASEAN higher education system. ASCIEN strives to empower professionals, engage institutions, and enhance ASEAN’s reputation as an Ethical Hub of International Higher Education.
- Promoting ASEAN as a host for International Higher Education
- Promoting communication, networking, professional development, and their benefits, to governments, industries, educational organizations, and communities
- Serving as a framework of guidelines to personnel in academic institutions and international relation officers engaged in international exchange and education
- Facilitating exchange and mobility of students, staff and scholars, and the advancement of academic collaborations
- Creating opportunities for funding agencies to contribute to ASEAN International Higher